Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Headlights Auto on.....Auto Light Rain?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationLake County, Ohio
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Rain X is a great product, no doubt.  I had it on my Edge and my F150 before that and was very pleased with how the water beaded and rolled right off, usually to the top of the window because of the wind helping push it up.

I really do love the rain sensor wipers and how they operate.  I have never had any of the problems you have posted, or if I did, I must not have thought it was a problem?  But I do leave my sensitivity set pretty high so that might be a part of it.  Only problem I have had was a random sweep for no reason under what I thought was a clear sky.  Maybe it has happened two or three times over the last four years with the two different cars, but still not a problem.

Only other negative I would think about the rain sensor is if you forget to turn them off when using a drive through car wash where you get out of the car.  I seldom use one, but have remembered to shut them off so far.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

Personally I hate the Auto Wiper feature.  if the car in front of me on the highway cleans their window  and I get a few drops on my window,  Bam the wipers come on and smear the few drops around,  so then I have to run the spritzer and clean the whole window, which I also don't like the washer cycle  as it always wants to do one or two swipes more than needed and you end up with smears...

You do realize that the auto wiper feature can be turned off? The wiper position just above the low speed "always on" setting is OFF. You have to go one step above that to enable auto wiper. The indent setting above that is for the brief wipe.

#43 OFFLINE   Redshift

Redshift

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

When the sensor detects the lack of daylight, it's designed to activate the headlamps. So when you pull into the garage, they will come on by design.

The headlamps will only come on with the wipers set to the low or high wiper switch settings. Not in rain sense/auto mode.

That's not true. My 2015 C-Max SEL headlights will come on automatically if I have rain sensing wipers turned on and the headlights set to auto. I had it set like that for a 5k mile trip I took this summer. Worked like a champ. I never had to worry about the lights or wipers.

#44 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 540 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

That's not true. My 2015 C-Max SEL headlights will come on automatically if I have rain sensing wipers turned on and the headlights set to auto. I had it set like that for a 5k mile trip I took this summer. Worked like a champ. I never had to worry about the lights or wipers.

I'm wondering if this is a difference between model years. I've been noticing that there are times, even when the auto wipers are wiping continuously, my headlights (at least per the light on the dash) are not on. It appears on my 2013 that the lights only turn on when it is dim enough, even when the auto wipers are working.

• JAZ likes this

#45 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • LocationLA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

Doesn't work with my 2014 Energi.

#46 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationLake County, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:31 AM

My headlights come on when using the rain sensor setting once the wipers come on for more than several wipes in a period of a minute or two.  2015 C-Max.  I leave my headlights in "Auto" and the lights aren't coming on just because it is dark enough during the rain.  I also leave the wipers in Sensor mode so I don't have to do anything once it starts raining or stops.

Yesterday in a spotty mist the lights would come on, but go off once the wipers would stop long enough.  They would come back on again when the wipers started several more sweeps.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·