$550 goodwill payment, relabeling of mpg, and changes coming for 2014

nemonik

I am pleased that Ford stood up and admitted there was a perceived issue, and then made adjustments to the sticker to reflect it.  So much for the "evil corporation" view of companies.

As I stated with the mileage mod, they coul dhave just told early adopters" Tough, you are stuck with what you got" and made running changes in 2014 models and beyond.  Instead they have worked to update all units for best owner satisfaction.

Am having 13B07 installed Tuesday.   With lifetime mileage at 43.0, I am pleased- anything over 40 is gravy!  Maybe the update will improve higher speed economy as well

Best to all....

Ford Motor has been very different with the CMax - they ran the Irvine POW-WOW last Feb and it would have cost them a fair bit considering they paid each owner $200 each for the meet & greet and brought over 200 of its engineers, designers from Detroit.

It was a win-win for both side and I was glad I went, along with SB Grad, Roninsd and some others. I have not heard of any other motor company doing such a meet on a new model of car. I was please to show them the 600+ miles per tank - which back then, was the stratosphere for the CMax...which funny enuf, is now pretty common with over 30+ drivers here smashing this illusive mark, some on their first tank.

I really hope to see the CMax become stronger and stronger, the size and utility is JUS right (yeah,playing on my username  ;) ) and if they bring more MPG with newer iterations, even better  :headspin:

• 3 weeks later...

Living in Canada isn't code for living at the North Pole!  I live in a very mild climate --rarely gets below 32 F in the winter here and average is probably about 45-50 F in the winter.   I was commenting on our mileage being high in town because it takes so long to warm up the engine (even in the summer).  We just went for a little picnic and temp is 25 C (in the high 70's F) and our mileage was 9. 2 L going down to the ocean where we had the picnic.  Coming back it was 4.2 L.  We researched our C-Max pretty darned thoroughly before buying, but I believe people who sell the cars need to know something about them too.  We have been happy with our car.  But the thing that I am most unhappy about is this latest rebate issue.  The reputation of the car is now damaged severely and heaven help us get a decent trade in for it down the road.  The C-Max has not sold well in my part of Canada and I joked that I felt like we were driving an Edsel, and I have to think that my joke is no longer a joke but the way it is going to be.  I like my car, but in all honesty I would not repeat the purchase if I could go back.  There are far too many negatives and unknowns at this time.

I agree that "Living in Canada isn't code for living at the North Pole!", but it's funny that you chose "Ice Storm" for a color ! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

South Florida chiming in here.  FedEx Driver just dropped off 2 Day Express Envelope with Ford`s $550 early Christmas Gift!  Enough already..... First got a great trade in on July 31 for my my 11` Fiesta SE Hatchback of 11.2K, used X Plan Pin for the 13` C-MAX, Ford offered $1000 Cash Rebate (plus) I received a "private" mailed offer for an addition $750 for total of $1750 (after) X-Plan pricing, 36 month Ford Credit Financing at .09% and now an additionaL $550.  The "whipped cream' can`t hold the weight of anymore (cherries or sprinkles).  Ford, your the Greatest!

Ford got caught and are paying for it, but I still support them and the CMax.  I'd buy another  if I could afford it.  It is a great car.

HKAG, Hyundia/Kia got caught too and what did they offer?  A annual pre-loaded Credit Card worth about $50 a year depending on the mileage driven and verified yearly at a Dealership.  Ford just stepped up at paid $550 in a lump sum regardless of miles driven and estimated savings on fuel costs.  I know that for a fact since my (other) Vehicle just happens to be a 2012 Kia Rio5 that was given an EPA estimated 30 mpg city and 40 mpg highway and actually delivers 24-25 mpg city and 31-33 mpg highway.  My 2011 Fiesta that I traded in for the C-MAX got 31-33 mpg city and 41-43 mpg highway and they (both) have a 1.6 ltr 4 cyl engine, the Rio5 having (GDI) as well.

I got mine today.   :)

I had an X-plan pin code as well. This was the easiest purchase I have ever made for a car. I already did all of my research. So, I wanlked in (knowing what I wanted to buy) and said "I'll take that silver SEL on the lot."  The salesman asked if I wanted to drive it. I gave him my pin code and he ran my credit. After running my credit, he said "Well, we are giving you another $1,000 off the car and 1.5% financing because of your high credit score." So, I saved $2,500 plus this $550! I am thrilled. After 35,700 miles, I still love the car.

As a side note, I wrote a letter to an oral surgeon about a bill I paid back in June. I complained that the bill was much higher than quoted. I just recieved a $350 check from his office last week (as with the C-Max, it was purely out of good will). That $350 is going in my savings account.

Oh, my $550 is going straight into my savings account too!  :)

It is easy to blow found money. So, I am doing my best to avoid that. I blow enough money anyway.   ;)

Matt

Jus to add some balance here to Matt's :flirt: fest, I will say, I hate my car. I wish I had brought a Prii. Oooohhhh....that acceleration by concensus gives me such a thrill up my leg..... :drool: ..*uuugghhh*.....

anyone want to buy a bridge to nowhere? i have plenty for sale and I will give YOU a forum discount

"C-Max Hybrid buyers will receive $550, while people who lease will get $325. The voluntary rebate is intended to reimburse drivers for the extra money they will spend on gas beyond what they had been led to expect.

The checks are being mailed in batches to 32,000 through mid-October."

Quote from NY Times article seen on CNN.com this morning

yes i know those hills well. used to drive them even i had hospital visits over there long ago. can't wait to see how the cmax does on some of the rolling hills on my new way to work. let's hope you can convince her to join the "dark side" ;)

PS one neighbor has a 09 Prii and shes thinking of the CMax - on the 210, those mountains between Sunland and La Canada Flintridge is just killing her Prii "No power, I have to keep to the right"...I think u know this section of the freeway salsaguy...lets see how the Prii fanboys respond to that...what "go get a CMax"... :lol:

Yea! finally got mine delivered by FedEx this afternoon. :happy feet:  I live in Yakima, Wa and thought I might be one of the last ones to receive their check. The money has already been spent on some much needed snow tires for the wife`s C-Max. We don`t receive that much snow but we have a long steep driveway that gets pretty slick for a few weeks in the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Has everyone else received their check? I called Ford to say my check has not arrived and it seems I'm not on the list to receive one. They want me to send a copy of my sales agreement. Don't they have this info already? I'm annoyed that I have to jump through hoops. Anyone else have this problem?

Has everyone else received their check? I called Ford to say my check has not arrived and it seems I'm not on the list to receive one. They want me to send a copy of my sales agreement. Don't they have this info already? I'm annoyed that I have to jump through hoops. Anyone else have this problem?

We had to wait a while, but our check did finally arrive.

When did you purchase your C-Max?

Have you checked on ETIS to see if it shows 13B10 for your car? 

Go to www.etis.ford.com    Click on "Vehicle" at the top and then enter your VIN

Under "Outstanding Field Service Actions" you should see 13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

(not   13B09 - MONRONEY LABEL UPDATE)

Edited by DaveofDurham

Fiona,

Are you the first owner? I wasn't, and didn't transfer ownership in time to get the check; it went to my deceased Father-in-law. A poster here said checks went to owner-of-record as of Sept. 6.

If you are, I'd talk with my purchasing dealer about your purchase.

HAve fun,

Frnak