Recall 13B10 - Fuel Economy Goodwill Payment

ceemax71

Since this is a "goodwill" payment by Ford, I would think that the vehicle would qualify for the payment if the window sticker still showed 47/47/47 MPG when the vehicle was delivered.  You might want to hang onto your window sticker if that is the case.

Something tells me Ford's "goodwill" payment is going to include some verbiage along the lines of "cashing this check means you have been reimbursed in full, the owner may not be involved in a lawsuit, class action or otherwise, against Ford Motor Company in the future concerning mileage claims with this vehicle".

Something tells me Ford's "goodwill" payment is going to include some verbiage along the lines of "cashing this check means you have been reimbursed in full, the owner may not be involved in a lawsuit, class action or otherwise, against Ford Motor Company in the future concerning mileage claims with this vehicle".

I think you are right on the money.

I plan on checking into it in a few weeks, after the dust settles. Our sticker says 47/47/47, we have the hard copy. We have the 13B10 on etis. We will either get it or not. Was never counting on it, or expected it. So if we get it, it will be Christmas money. 

Pretty much the way I plan on dealing with this.  If I get something then great will help pay some bills.  Bought mine in September of 2012, window sticker clearly states 47/47/47

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update of sorts...I checked ETIS again today and it still shows 13B09, rather than 13B10.  I downloaded my window sticker again...and lo and behold, it now shows 45/40/43!  Uh-oh!  I sent an e-mail to Ford via the corporate site explaining my situation (purchased and took delivery on August 3, long before the announcement...please update my VIN to show 13B10).  Let's see if I get a response!

It's not that I'm unhappy with the car, quite the opposite...I'd just like Ford to do the right thing here, since my window sticker said 47/47/47 when I took delivery.  Plus that'll make a car payment for me!  :)

Update of sorts...I checked ETIS again today and it still shows 13B09, rather than 13B10.  I downloaded my window sticker again...and lo and behold, it now shows 45/40/43!  Uh-oh!  I sent an e-mail to Ford via the corporate site explaining my situation (purchased and took delivery on August 3, long before the announcement...please update my VIN to show 13B10).  Let's see if I get a response!

It's not that I'm unhappy with the car, quite the opposite...I'd just like Ford to do the right thing here, since my window sticker said 47/47/47 when I took delivery.  Plus that'll make a car payment for me!   :)

Do you have the copy of your window sticker that was on the car when you took delivery? I am surprised to read that someone above says that they weren't given their window sticker. I was under the impression that the law requires that it be given to the purchaser of the vehicle. In the past the dealer has always stuck our window sticker in the glove box when buying a new vehicle.

I wish that I knew the time frame. I wrote via email to Ford directly, but never received an answer. I bought my CMAX in May 2013 and have the window sticker (47/47/47)fortunately. If anyone gets a check, please post. Thanks.

Greetings and Welcome

The checks are starting to arrive.

Take a look at this thread.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2921-refund-checks/

wab

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that I'm unhappy with the car, quite the opposite...I'd just like Ford to do the right thing here, since my window sticker said 47/47/47 when I took delivery.  Plus that'll make a car payment for me!   :)

Well, finally resolved, no thanks to Ford's e-mail customer service, and totally thanks to my friends at the @FordService Twitter account!

I e-mailed Ford corporate via the website, explaining my situation (bought car with 47/47/47 window sticker, but ETIS shows 13B09 instead of 13B10).  The response was completely contradictory - the rep said they'd contacted my dealer directly, and they had the updated Monroney label ready to install, and to call them to have the sticker changed.  Then, right after that, they said all owners of record as of 9/6/13 would receive the check by the end of September.

I figured this wouldn't get me anywhere, so I reached out to Nick (^NM) from @FordService.  It took him a few days, and every day he sent me a follow-up message telling me he was still working on it.  Finally, he asked for my full address, e-mail address, and phone number, and had me send scans of my purchase contract and window sticker.  The next day, he let me know I would be receiving my check in 2-3 weeks!   :happy feet:

Amazing how completely useless the e-mail customer service was, and how completely helpful Nick was! He was the same guy that gave me weekly updates on my order status, and insisted I send him lots of pics once it arrived.  Ford has really sent a new standard for customer service here - I am truly impressed!

And my next car payment is on Ford! Woo-hoo!  :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

I missed my check! My address of record is a PO box that I don't check too often. Because it was sent certified, the post office only holds the letter for two weeks before sending it back. So I'm not sure who to contact about that, or how long it will take them to get around to tabulating that the check was indeed returned to them. 

• 1 month later...

I missed my check! My address of record is a PO box that I don't check too often. Because it was sent certified, the post office only holds the letter for two weeks before sending it back. So I'm not sure who to contact about that, or how long it will take them to get around to tabulating that the check was indeed returned to them. 

I know nobody cares but I do want to point out that they did re-send it, without any contact from me. So yay. One less payment on the clock :)