Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

Makes sense that your car was in a container. I remember many years ago buying a Skoda that had been coated with some sort of oil based smelly stuff on the ship over and the smell stayed with the car forever (sort of like stinky bear grease).  Hope you really like your C-Max when you pick it up. 

Could have been Cosmoline. There was an episode of Car Talk years ago where they joked about it.

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL

Date Ordered: 10/16/12

Promised Delivery: 6 to 8 weeks

Vin: TBD

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: Ohio

Took Delivery January 11th - actually delivered to dealer January 9th.

Love it!!!!  Thought trying to figure it all out will take some time.

Got a car finally. Sterling Gray SEL, 303A package + pano roof. I wanted the 302A car + roof, but there were simply none within 500 miles. I don't really need parking assist but perhaps I'll use it at some point, since I live in an urban setting.

There were simply no 302A + pano roof SEL cars in gray or silver. Not a single one in the entire multi-state region surrounding Colorado. So we started looking for a 303A package + roof, and found two gray cars due in early January. A nearby dealer wouldn't commit, but finally an out-of-state dealer agreed to a trade. I was able to sign papers on Jan 2, the last possible date to take advantage of $1750 in Ford discounts, and they delivered the car yesterday. Lucky to have a good dealer.

Meanwhile, just got an update on the car I originally ordered back on 11/24:

Model: C-Max SEL, Sterling Gray, 302A pkg + pano roof thingy
Date Ordered: Saturday, 11/24/12
Promised Delivery time: 8 to 10 Weeks
VIN Available: 12/13/12
Window Sticker Available: 1/15/13
Scheduled Build Week: 1/21/13-1/26/13
Scheduled Build Date: 1/22/13
Actual Build Date: not yet
Released from Factory for Shipping: no
Estimated Delivery Date: n/a
Actual Delivery Date:
State: CO

Update: Only change is build week is now a build day. Still no window sticker. Not sure why an 11/26 order is taking so long, but it is what it is.

Regardless, I may be getting a car sooner. I needled the dealer into scouring the landscape to find one before year end, mainly so I can get a small state tax credit sooner rather than later. There were zero exact matches (gray over black, 302A + pano roof) but they switched the package to 303A and two popped up. One is 35 miles away but the dealer won't return calls. The other is a 6-7 hour drive away. They said I can go get it myself if I like. Road Trip?

Model: C-Max SEL, Sterling Gray, 302A pkg + pano roof thingy
Date Ordered: Saturday, 11/24/12
Promised Delivery time: 8 to 10 Weeks
VIN Available: 12/13/12
Window Sticker Available: no
Scheduled Build Week: 1/21/13-1/26/13
Scheduled Build Date: 1/21/13
Actual Build Date: not yet
Released from Factory for Shipping: zero
Estimated Delivery Date: zilch
Actual Delivery Date: goose egg
State: CO

That is great news mtberman!  I do really like the sterling gray (we have Ice Storm which I like, but don't love as much as I thought I would due to our gray skies here).  You will have fun with the park assist.  If you are feeling any winter blahs, go out to a street and line up for a very tight parking spot with the park assist.  Guarantee you will get an adrenaline rush as you sit back with your hands off the wheel LOL.

I really feel for those of you waiting patiently for your ordered cars to arrive.  I just went online to check the inventory of the dealership where I bought my CMax almost 2 months ago, and found 11 SEs and 6 SELs (hybrids) of various trims.  I guess I'm in a lucky demographic.  Keep the faith: the wait will be worth it!

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL - Ice Storm, Light Stone Leather, 302a
Date Ordered: 10/03/2012
Promised Delivery time: 60 - 90 days
VIN Available: 11/15/12
Window Sticker Available: 12/05/12
Scheduled Build Date: 12/11/12
Estimated Delivery Date:  01/12/13

Actual Delivery Date: 01/18/13
State: AK

The Glacier Queen has a new home.  Not the most original name, but appropriate for the first Ice Storm SEL with Medium Light Storm leather in Alaska.  The sales person finally acknowledged that he laid hands on it Thursday night, and I picked up the next night.  It got held in Washington for a shipment of 52 vehicles to the dealer.  Ironically, the original SE that I had configured and the dealer picked up was built two weeks earlier but arrived in the same shipment.  After getting it home I immediately had it outfitted with some Costco Velux wheels and Bridgestone Blizzak WS70's although the stock tires handled amazingly well with the eight inches of new snow that we got Wednesday and Thursday after  a winter meltdown the weekend before with an inch of rain laying down ice underneath.  The salesperson paired my phone and programmed my home into the GPS but admitted that I probably knew more about the car than he did at this point.  They initially were only allocated one C-Max, and I was the first person to order one.  They now have one SE in stock and an SEL and two more SE's with scheduled build dates.  I paid a fair amount under retail, but with the tight Alaska Allocation they have the SE marked $3,200 over retail with additional dealer markup and $3,000 more than I paid for the SEL with the 302a package!  The only minor irritation on the way home was that Sync decided that it needed to build the voice library for the GPS, going through all the phrases and was sluggish as it did it's initial maintenance.  3.5 for the C-Max is not available yet but they updated an Escape that came in the same shipment.

Pictures uploaded in the Gallery in album donhak.

Edited by donhak

This seems pretty unfair for the people who have been waiting months for the C-Max they ordered. :cry:Here's a dealer in Fairfield, CA with over a dozen of them on the lot and a truck just came to deliver more. It almost makes you wonder if Ford is deliberately focusing on sending their allocations to places with warmer weather and making the people in colder areas wait until it warms up to reduce the amount of negative publicity from owners complaining about low gas mileage.

http://cmaxchat.com/?p=19

Edited by C-MaxJaxon

This seems pretty unfair for the people who have been waiting months for the C-Max they ordered. :cry:Here's a dealer in Fairfield, CA with over a dozen of them on the lot and a truck just came to deliver more. It almost makes you wonder if Ford is deliberately focusing on sending their allocations to places with warmer weather and making the people in colder areas wait until it warms up to reduce the amount of negative publicity from owners complaining about low gas mileage.

http://cmaxchat.com/?p=19

This isn't correct.  My blog is misleading.  I posted this blog in October but added other photos that would be useful to those investigating the panoramic sunroof yesterday.  The dealer in Fairfield didn't just receive a shipment.  That statement was from October, 2012.  I'm changing the date back to the original publication date.

Edited by CMaxChat

This isn't correct.  My blog is misleading.  I posted this blog in October but added other photos that would be useful to those investigating the panoramic sunroof yesterday.  The dealer in Fairfield didn't just receive a shipment.  That statement was from October, 2012.  I'm changing the date back to the original publication date.

Yeah, I saw the date after I had already posted. So let's go see how many they have on the lot right now:

http://www.fordfairfield.com/new-inventory/index.htm?SByear=2013&SBmake=Ford&SBmodel=C-Max%20Hybrid&SBtrim=clear&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

http://www.fordfairfield.com/new-inventory/index.htm?SByear=2013&SBmake=Ford&SBmodel=C-Max%20Energi&SBtrim=clear&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

21 Hybrids and 10 Energis at just that dealer alone. So I guess my snarky comment still applies, and even more so now.

Edited by C-MaxJaxon

California is the largest market for EVs and hybrids. So California will see more of them in general at any point in time. They also get models we will never see anywhere else (compliance cars).

Heck, the west coast in general is a larger market for EVs and Hybrids than the entire rest of the nation:

http://www.plugincars.com/polk-electric-vehicle-sales-125954.html

Often inventory systems will include vehicles which are in transit and occasionally include vehicles which have merely been ordered. Since they are listing VINs I am assuming they are at least in transit. They may not all be sitting on the lot.

Edited by valkraider

Yeah, I saw the date after I had already posted. So let's go see how many they have on the lot right now:

21 Hybrids and 10 Energis at just that dealer alone. So I guess my snarky comment still applies, and even more so now.

Not quite. Almost all of those vehicles are still in a "Dealer Ordered" status meaning they've been ordered by the dealer but aren't in stock yet. They are showing only 3 Energis in stock and available for delivery. The other units are still enroute to the dealer.

When I was looking for cars on lots I was told if it shows a vin number on the web page then thd car is on the lot. No vin means it is in route.

You can check FordDirect.com to see what is actually in stock vs still , aka "dealer ordered". The VINs are available before the vehicle arrives.

California gets way more of these cars. It's a huge, important market. Checking inventory for a ZIP code in LA will often reveal many dealers with between 30 and 40 C Maxs listed. This doesn't necessarily mean the cars are there, but you can find that part out by looking at each particular dealer's website.

Cars appear as 'dealer ordered' soon after the window sticker is available, before they're even built. Once built and shipped, the 'dealer ordered' thing drops off but the car is still weeks away at that point.

It can be a little frustrating. Most of you who are waiting for cars could probably have flown to LA and picked up a car weeks ago. On one hand, I wish Ford placed a higher priority on special order cars. On the other hand, I see why they don't.

The VIN number does not mean the car is on the lot. Dealers get their VIN the same way the rest of us did, shortly after ordering once build is scheduled.

I work on the computer systems which supply this data, the inventory search function is imprecise at best with regards to dealerships - especially the less electronic dealerships. Often they will have a VIN listed which isn't even the same trim level of car - for example the listing says SE but the VIN is for an SEL....

There is no guarantee a car is in the lot without going and looking at the lot. Heck, some on the lot might even be "sold" or "traded" and not even available anymore...

I wish we could buy cars like buying from Amazon... Click. Configure. Click. Get funding. Click. Order. Click. Get shipping tracking info. Get vehicle. ;)

Second that. Another indicator of availability is the build date on the window sticker. If you're a thousand miles from Michigan and see a car online with a a build date less than 3 weeks ago, chances are that it's not really there. Another good indicator is your dealer's local website, versus the Ford site or regional (e.g. or ThinkFordNow or FordDirect) sites.

Also, your dealer may have cars that aren't on the internet at all. That's how I got my Ford Escape Hybrid when they were on back order: I saw it on the lot and went in. Turns out it had been ordered as "fleet" in error and was therefore not listed in inventory. The same will be true of a car like the gray C Max SEL that I ordered in Denver. It's listed as "special order" and will only be found by someone that calls the dealer or goes in, and gets lucky enough to get a sales person who knows the car is there.

My son who sells Fords :-) ordered my Platinum White Energi with black leather interior loaded with all options including the panaramic roof in early jan.

Vin # is assigned and hopefully it shall be built in the next two weeks. No sticker yet. I'm really excited !!

I had thought of getting red but I've driven a red Subaru for 14 years so white metalic was my next choice.

Jeff

I forgot to mention I broke my Subaru's timing belt. Rather than fix it I'm letting it sit and driving my girlfriend's Audi TT till my Energi arrives. My commute is 16 miles to work and I have free charging there since I'm a state employee. Hopefully I can commute with the Energi and use no gas.

Life is tough sometimes.

Well we finally picked up our SEL today.  I have been playing with....er....I mean analyzing all of the available features.   The cell phone link up was amazingly quick.  It started play my playlists with a touch of a button and Pandora was the same, very cool. 

One thing I was able to do but not sure of what use it is was to connect to one of my wireless routers.  What will it use the connection for?

One thing I was able to do but not sure of what use it is was to connect to one of my wireless routers.  What will it use the connection for?

I wondered that too, since it won't use it to send health reports.  All I can figure is that it could share that back out as a hotspot, which is pointless because people could just connect to the router instead.

I wondered that too, since it won't use it to send health reports.  All I can figure is that it could share that back out as a hotspot, which is pointless because people could just connect to the router instead.

I saw this and I couldn't get mine to work.  When I go to enter in the password for the wifi, only 2 keys are available to me to press, t and c if i remember correctly.  The others were grayed out.

I saw this and I couldn't get mine to work.  When I go to enter in the password for the wifi, only 2 keys are available to me to press, t and c if i remember correctly.  The others were grayed out.

That's really strange.  All the letters and numbers were available when I did it.

I guess you'll have to change your wifi password to tctcctctttctct or something.  :-)

I'm seeing others with this same problem over on the Owner to Owner forum, even after upgrading to 3.5.1:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=29&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=5590

Edited by PWBarrett