MFT update to v3.8 has been released

Mine also said it was up to date also at 3.6.2, but if you go into the "Sync and How To's" Section, and click on the "Check for software updates", mine said Ver. 3.8 was available for download. it didn't notify me or anything. so I d/l it and installed it.

Unfortunately, the path you describe doesn't solve it for me, still shows me 3.6.2 and up to date.  Glad it worked for you though.

Hi Whitney from FordIVTeam,

Do you know when the version 3.8 will be available to us all?  Many seem to have the following issue, me included:  My owner.ford.com login (syncmyride.com redirect) still shows I'm "up to date" with 3.6.2.  Is there anything those of us experiencing this problem need to do or someone for us to call so we can get access to 3.8?  Thanks.

Hi JohnTrigger, 

Please PM your VIN, approximate mileage, and best contact phone number. I'll get this escalated to my support so they can investigate why it's not showing for you.

How do you see your up to date without clicking "Check for Software Updates"?  I do that and then it shows I am up to date.  Also if I click Full Sync History" and then all  available updates, it just takes me back to the main screen.

Hey zalusky, 

My support is still working on getting the update added for you. 

Rebecca

Hi JohnTrigger, 

Please PM your VIN, approximate mileage, and best contact phone number. I'll get this escalated to my support so they can investigate why it's not showing for you.

Hey zalusky, 

My support is still working on getting the update added for you. 

Rebecca

Must be that end of the alphabet thing I have suffered my whole life with!  :)

I think it was at V3.7 that the guidance voice mute was duplicated as a button right on the map, not just buried in the menus.  I don't remember if the button has to be turned on in a menu to appear on the screen.  I think it is there by default.  It's nice to know that the voice control option works as well, but I have never gotten in the habit of trying to voice control things that are a simple one button/knob action.

I took my car to the dealer for the sync update and now I'm without a car.  Something happened and he said the car wouldn't even start. Apparently the APIM now needs to be replaced.  Is it common that the car wouldn't start with an APIM problem? 

Edited by drichmn

No problem with GPS on the main display but for the last two days on the small display to the right side of the speedometer after I start the engine I get "Navigation Fault, see touchscreen for more information" - about 5-10 seconds later it seems to update that display to show the compass and the street name from the GPS data as it always has in the past. (I have the small display set to show navigation data).

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen my GPS drifting since the latest update either.

Edited by jestevens

After the update was complete i had to re-pair the bluetooth connection between my phone and SYNC..for whatever reason the update seems to clear the previous bluetooth connection information so you have to set it up again.  I went through the other menu settings too but the bluetooth one seemed to the only one that was erased.

And now that the installation is done... my Bluetooth Stereo setting no longer works.... :( :( :( :(

Rebecca?

Edited by jestevens

Two things.

This is a reimaging of the APIM processor. Everything is lost in the process, just like a hitting reset. It's how industry distributes and maintains software, akin to using your PC's recovery partition to recover from a crash. Thankfully, we have very little data on our car radios! (and boy does that phrase sound odd!!)

If the dealer balks, remind them that this is covered under warranty. It's straightforward, but if you're not comfortable doing it, you can also pass. I see no benefit.

• FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
  • Field Service Action Number: 12M02

Frank

For what it's worth, found this on owner.ford.com while checking to see if 3.8 is available for my C-Max (it isn't  :waiting: ):

Posted Dec. 18, 2015: Some 2011 thru 2016 Ford vehicles with MyFord Touch and 3.8 software may have a symptom of Siri Eyes Free not working over Bluetooth properly with iPhones at iOS 9.2 software. Ford is currently working with Apple on a resolution for this. For the time being, having the phone plugged into the USB port allows Siri Eyes Free to operate properly. We recommend that owners of MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles have their phones plugged into the USB port to operate Siri. If plugging into the USB port causes Autoplay to start playing USB media, please note that this can be disabled, or enabled, using the process described in the owners manual.

Waiting too.

It's been 3 months now since the MFT Sync 3.8 update was released. My 2013 C-Max still shows 3.6.2. as up-to-date, no update available for download and self-installation.

The first Ford support rep I chatted with, confirmed the update should be available for me and I could schedule installation with my dealer. I did, without success. The dealer 'checked with Ford, there is no update available for your car'.

Today another Ford support rep suggested 'the 3.8 update is probably not yet released for certain electrical and hybrid cars' but recommended to bring it again to a dealer and ask them to contact Ford Tech Support about the problem.

Sounds like I probably have to live without hands-free iPhone support in my C-Max :-)

Waiting too.

It's been 3 months now since the MFT Sync 3.8 update was released. My 2013 C-Max still shows 3.6.2. as up-to-date, no update available for download and self-installation.

The first Ford support rep I chatted with, confirmed the update should be available for me and I could schedule installation with my dealer. I did, without success. The dealer 'checked with Ford, there is no update available for your car'.

Today another Ford support rep suggested 'the 3.8 update is probably not yet released for certain electrical and hybrid cars' but recommended to bring it again to a dealer and ask them to contact Ford Tech Support about the problem.

Sounds like I probably have to live without hands-free iPhone support in my C-Max :-)

Or use the link (actually, a link to the post where it is linked) posted earlier in the thread and use it to update your car. There are several of us who have used it and had it work perfectly.

Edited by raadsel

I supplied my VIN early on and am still on the list, with owner.ford.com showing 3.6.2 as upto date on an early build 2013.  

You need to join the Fusion Hybrid forum to download the link, but like this forum it is a quick process.  The file is a small document with the link to access the dropbox folder for the actual 500 megabyte file.  I did it this weekend and took just over 20 minutes to update to 3.8.  If you haven't done it before, be prepared for at least four reboots where the screen will go blank for 15-20 seconds before it comes back again and picks up with the update process.  Worked like a champ.  Download the files, transfer them to a flash drive, plug it into one of the USB ports on the car and will ask if you want to install the update with the usual warnings that the car needs to be running until the process is complete.

Edited by donhak