Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Mamalou16201

Mamalou16201

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationKittanning
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

I have a tracfone (lg) and did not have any problems installing.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,553 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I have a tracfone (lg) and did not have any problems installing.

what the heck is this? tracfone (lg)

#43 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,553 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

sorry read the page before and I see it is a phone (LG)

#44 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,553 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

I will keep mine and add the mods that come on the 2014 model that are compatable with the 2013

Me too, until there a significant body style change I'll be happy with what I have.  Then there will be nothing but the wife disallowing it to stop me.

#45 OFFLINE   marshtex2

marshtex2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPetaluma
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max SE, Kenworth T2000 motorhome

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Two things:

I hope they make the little button on the shift stick, "Overdrive Cancel and Grade Assist", a tactile click switch so you can tell where it is by feeling it and tell that you really changed it.  The way it is now it barelly gives any feeling when one presses on it and the only indicator is the little picture in the instrument cluster.  The little picture is easily obscured by components on the steering wheel and bright light reflections.  I've found myself driving around with it on when I thought I had turned it off.  What is the consequence of driving around with it on?

Secondly, getting the key to find the ignition slot usually can be unneccesarily awkward.  The slot is usually not visible without leaning over to see around the steering wheel and no guidance is offered, like a trough of some sort to get the key headed toward the slot.  Until a smart key is standard on everything this should be fixed.

#46 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Two things:

I hope they make the little button on the shift stick, "Overdrive Cancel and Grade Assist", a tactile click switch so you can tell where it is by feeling it and tell that you really changed it.  The way it is now it barelly gives any feeling when one presses on it and the only indicator is the little picture in the instrument cluster.  The little picture is easily obscured by components on the steering wheel and bright light reflections.  I've found myself driving around with it on when I thought I had turned it off.  What is the consequence of driving around with it on?

Secondly, getting the key to find the ignition slot usually can be unneccesarily awkward.  The slot is usually not visible without leaning over to see around the steering wheel and no guidance is offered, like a trough of some sort to get the key headed toward the slot.  Until a smart key is standard on everything this should be fixed.

It's an easy fix.  Do away with the key, like the SEL package has.  Just push a button and you're done :love_shower:

• GreenChicago and salsaguy like this

#47 OFFLINE   bigalpha

bigalpha

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 356 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTucson, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I am in total love with the push button start.

• erwhitham and robertiv like this

#48 OFFLINE   marshtex2

marshtex2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPetaluma

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Say drdiesel, can we get that what I've called smart key with the push button start added on as an aftermarket thing?  I'm OK with most everything on my low line SE and that key slot thing is not going to be an aftermarket fix but it doesn't have to stay that way in future models that use the old style key to start.

#49 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Say drdiesel, can we get that what I've called smart key with the push button start added on as an aftermarket thing?  I'm OK with most everything on my low line SE and that key slot thing is not going to be an aftermarket fix but it doesn't have to stay that way in future models that use the old style key to start.

It's available in the SEL trim, but you would probably pay a lot to add it.  You would probably need to buy all the components, have them installed and get the system initialized and programed.  I would say it's gonna be a very expensive add-on.  I don't even know if the dealer would consider doing the programming ? I have dealer level service with my IDS. I can re-configure the vehicles build data, but I don't know if any dealers would do it.  It's a lot of work and only Ford's IDS is capable of doing it. Not many Indy shops have the tools or the knowledge to do  this type of work. I've been doing stuff like this for the last 20 years. It can be done. It's just not gonna be cheap.

Edited by drdiesel1, 02 October 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   marshtex2

marshtex2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPetaluma

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

That is what I figured.  The "easy fix" way is swap the whole car for an SEL.  There are a few things on the SEL that I don't want and the expense of any of this just isn't worth it.  So I/we live with the stupid key-slot adventures but will be smarter next purchase time.

#51 OFFLINE   JohnnOhio

JohnnOhio

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 490 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:C Max SEL and GMC Canyon and 1956 Ford 860 tractor

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

I love my keyless entry and push button start. Also have factory remote start. It's nice just grab the door handle and all of the doors unlock. Great when you have a car load and don't have to look for the unlock button on the armrest after you open the drivers door to let everyone else in. One swipe of your finger to lock all of the doors when you get out is nice to.  :thumbsup:

• erwhitham, C-MaxSea and robertiv like this

#52 OFFLINE   Spitinuri

Spitinuri

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationMissouri
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

I love my keyless entry and push button start. Also have factory remote start. It's nice just grab the door handle and all of the doors unlock. Great when you have a car load and don't have to look for the unlock button on the armrest after you open the drivers door to let everyone else in. One swipe of your finger to lock all of the doors when you get out is nice to.  :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you.  One of the things I thought was more of a novelty was the power lift-gate and the kick sensor.  After owning the car for about a month I have to say that I use the PLG all the time.  I constantly have my hands full and it saves me each and every time. :)

• erwhitham likes this

#53 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

The keyless entry combined with the auto headlamps are a great combination. I really enjoy not needing to push a button or

turn on a light switch when using my car. It's the best thing since sliced bread :love_shower:

The rear hatch button is slick too!  My Prius C had two buttons. One to unlock/open the hatch and one to lock it.

The C-Max will only unlock when the FOB is near the hatch. No need to lock it after you close it.  Just close

it and walk away :rockon:

Edited by drdiesel1, 05 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

• salsaguy likes this

#54 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have to agree with you.  One of the things I thought was more of a novelty was the power lift-gate and the kick sensor.  After owning the car for about a month I have to say that I use the PLG all the time.  I constantly have my hands full and it saves me each and every time. :)

One of the best feature of the Ford brand....it took Ford about 8 months to get it right though. We, at least I, rememger the thread here on whether it was one or 2 nin-jitsu style kicks on open it..or maybe it was a round house kick....or some mystical magic "whispering" or incantation we had to say before we approached that lift gate..... :lol2:

#55 OFFLINE   wab

wab

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 927 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Locationnorth texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 303 with Glass Roof

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

The keyless entry combined with the auto headlamps are a great combination. I really enjoy not needing to push a button or

turn on a light switch when using my car. It's the best thing since sliced bread :love_shower:

The rear hatch button is slick too!  My Prius C had two buttons. One to unlock/open the hatch and one to lock it.

The C-Max will only unlock when the FOB is near the hatch. No need to lock it after you close it.  Just close

it and walk away :rockon:

One of the best feature of the Ford brand....it took Ford about 8 months to get it right though. We, at least I, rememger the thread here on whether it was one or 2 nin-jitsu style kicks on open it..or maybe it was a round house kick....or some mystical magic "whispering" or incantation we had to say before we approached that lift gate..... :lol2:

Reading this reminds me of another feature I gave up on.

I wonder if the fix for the lift gate kick fixed the touch the black button on the door handle to lock feature?

I gave up on it before I gave up on the lift gate.

The lift gate works most of the time NOW. I'll try the black button the next time I think about it.

#56 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Reading this reminds me of another feature I gave up on.

I wonder if the fix for the lift gate kick fixed the touch the black button on the door handle to lock feature?

I gave up on it before I gave up on the lift gate.

The lift gate works most of the time NOW. I'll try the black button the next time I think about it.

It works, swipe your finger across it with the key in your pocket and wallah. use it all the time....not many people know about this...well, at least I didn't until the Ford Motor Company Irvine Pow-Wow in Feb this year. Also, to unlock, swipe the finger behind the door handle to unlock it...I prefer that over the 2 pulls to unlock.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax, 05 October 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#57 OFFLINE   wab

wab

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 927 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Locationnorth texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 303 with Glass Roof

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Update:

HOWBOUT THAT

It works, before the lift gate upgrade the doors would lock maybe 1 out of 20 tries.

I just locked the doors with the black button 3 times, that's a total of 5 since new  :) .

FYI: DW had/has almost NO trouble locking/kicking :drop:

#58 OFFLINE   Tdefny

Tdefny

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 285 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Energi, '02 Prius, '00 Town & Country

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

One thing about the keyless fob. It is expensive. I got it done and it was $260 for the fob and $80 for the key plus it all needs to be programmed. I looked for aftermarket or online alternatives but could not find any.

#59 OFFLINE   marshtex2

marshtex2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPetaluma

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Another thing I think should be fixed in a new model is lower the door window sill.  My elbow has to go way up too high to rest it on the sill with the window rolled clear down.  Anybody else notice this?  Admittedly I have the seat as low as it will go; I'm a bit tall and need the head room.

#60 OFFLINE   C-MaxSea

C-MaxSea

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL, 303A, Pano Sunroof, Born Aug 2012

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Update:

HOWBOUT THAT

It works, before the lift gate upgrade the doors would lock maybe 1 out of 20 tries.

I just locked the doors with the black button 3 times, that's a total of 5 since new  :) .

FYI: DW had/has almost NO trouble locking/kicking :drop:

Our keyless entry has worked from day one back in January.  Took a little practice, but works flawlessly once you get the hang of it.  Touch button (do not grab handle) - lock, pause; slip hand behind handle - viola, unlock.  Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea, 07 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Custom Search

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·