600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

The real key here is the Ruby Red... You wouldn't have made it that far in any other color.

But seriously!  52.9 MPG average is really something!!  Way to go rmcmast!!!

With 11.44 gallons used up, by my calculations, you had about 1.5 gallons left in the tank. At 52.9 MPG, that would have taken you all the way to 684!!!

You might have just been able to eek out a 700 mile tank.

The real key here is the Ruby Red... You wouldn't have made it that far in any other color.

But seriously!  52.9 MPG average is really something!!  Way to go rmcmast!!!

With 11.44 gallons used up, by my calculations, you had about 1.5 gallons left in the tank. At 52.9 MPG, that would have taken you all the way to 684!!!

You might have just been able to eek out a 700 mile tank.

Thanks! I had been over 53mpg indicated earlier in the day, but had more highway driving than I wanted. This was my second +50mpg tank in a row. 50.4mpg on the previous tank (510 miles).

Really like the ruby red!

Thanks! I had been over 53mpg indicated earlier in the day, but had more highway driving than I wanted. This was my second +50mpg tank in a row. 50.4mpg on the previous tank (510 miles).

Really like the ruby red!

Rick, are you on Fuelly? We could sure use those numbers there!

To fotomoto, rmcmast, StoBro2 and davidwitham, congratulations and welcome to the club!  It's starting to get a little crowded in here... :woot:

And fotomoto, now that you are a member and have more clout, how does this strike you (and everyone else for that matter) as a member badge?

Come on, guys and gals, I can't be the only one working on this!  Let's see some more ideas put forth.  We all need to be proud of our accomplishments and our C-Maxes!
Edited by thunderbird97

Post #1 is updated with the new members. Thank goodness we had 2 today as now we have our 14th member. Phew..miss the 13th announcement :rockon:

What I :wub2:  about having so many 600 Mile CMaxmembers is that this TOTAL DESTROYS and make the CMax doubters pound sand. I am not sorry to harp on this point as back when it was ptjones and I, everyone was doubting the both of us (well u drive with grill covers or u take too many surface streets, your time makes you average at XX mph and every single excuse was found to doubt the range of the CMax)  and then this flood of new members proves that we were both right about the CMax being a long range car.

Onward we march... :happy feet:

To fotomoto, rmcmast, StoBro2 and davidwitham, congratulations and welcome to the club!  It's starting to get a little crowded in here... :woot:

And fotomoto, now that you are a member and have more clout, how does this strike you (and everyone else for that matter) as a member badge?

Come on, guys and gals, I can't be the only one working on this!  Let's see some more ideas put forth.  We all need to be proud of our accomplishments and our C-Maxes!

Thanks Thunderbird, its very much appreciated :rockon:  As for suggestions - I'll throw this out - can you do an animated gif icon? How about a the blue cmax and the an animated a "600+ Miles" and then "CMax Club". Its more work I know...

Jus-A-CMax, unfortunately animated gifs are not my thing.  I do well enough just to work with MS Paint. :)   I love your idea though!  With the C-Max badge you can get from the Ford website (like the one you have at the top of page one of this post), just add the animation below that and it could be golden.  Anybody out there with some know-how want to take a crack at it?

AWESOME!  I love it but........... I'm unfortunately not a member of the exclusive 600 mile club.   :drop:   I hoping (fingers crossed) to get there on this tank.  I'm going to save your great work for that time when I reach that milestone and can proudly display it.  THANKS!   :worship:

Jus-A-CMax, unfortunately animated gifs are not my thing.  I do well enough just to work with MS Paint. :)   I love your idea though!  With the C-Max badge you can get from the Ford website (like the one you have at the top of page one of this post), just add the animation below that and it could be golden.  Anybody out there with some know-how want to take a crack at it?

I'll see what I can do...I use to do them in CS9 Photochop a long, long time in a galaxy far, far away when I was another post whore way back then. I thought the newer people would be more quicker and efficient than self...great job Thunderbird, I commend you on your enthusiasm :rockon:

Forgot to take a picture before I did a partial fill up but finally managed to scrape a 600 tank. I was so close to being able to drive from Detroit and Toronto in one tank + sightseeing miles during the weekend.

post-105-0-99807500-1369073895_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaPieR

Yup, that is true.   :)

Oh, I posted a picture in the 50mph trips thread of my day today. I ended at over 62mpg for 125 miles IIRC.

Also, my refill on this 701 mile tank was actually 13.1 gallons. Not too far off from the shown gallons used. This tank was a literal 53+mpg tank (calculated by the gallons refilled at the pump).

Matt

Yup, that is true.   :)

Oh, I posted a picture in the 50mph trips thread of my day today. I ended at over 62mpg for 125 miles IIRC.

Also, my refill on this 701 mile tank was actually 13.1 gallons. Not too far off from the shown gallons used. This tank was a literal 53+mpg tank (calculated by the gallons refilled at the pump).

Matt

Good stuff Matt, seriously long range :rockon:  & :drool:

Now I'm wondering at what speed the C-Max would get the best possible mileage - flat road, no wind, etc and what that mileage would be.  I've read that "normal" cars get the best mileage around 45 mph.  It should be a lot less for the C-Max.  Someone needs to find a track, set ECO CC (it works at least down to 20 mph) and go 10 miles at various speeds to find out.