600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

My last two fill-ups look like this (odom now just into the 13,000 miles):

Miles on tank:                 689     660

Gallons actually put in:  13.5    12.8

C-Max mpg readout:      53.0    52.9

Hand cal’cd mpg:           51.0    51.6

Not much hypermileing but just driving and accelerating rather slowly, mix of suburban and some on highway.  Didn't get any pix of the C-Max screen.

Not much hypermileing but just driving and accelerating rather slowly, mix of suburban and some on highway.

...it is just "practicing" the techniques that you fine folks have documented here until it now has become quite natural....

The car does all the work of pulse and glide, all the driver need do is back off cresting a hill but charge the battery going up it.

I'm almost looking forward to Winter this year... can't believe I said that... to see how much better I can do this time around. Heater(s) planned, but it's still the first year (my baseline period started last Labor Day).

My son's flying in tomorrow and we have tickets to the Buffalo Bills game on Saturday. I plan to fill the tank on the way to the stadium and let him drive to see how much is the car and how much the driver... my last NFL game was the Eagles c. 1970 at the University of Pennsylvania stadium, so I suspect he knows the route and NFL game procedures far better than his old man. I'll just pay the bills, to see the Bills.

Have fun,

Frank

The car does all the work of pulse and glide, all the driver need do is back off cresting a hill but charge the battery going up it.

:

Have fun,

Frank

:runaway: ...damn, I did not get the memo on this. And here I was sweating over all the work with P&G when I should have known the car did it all....what sweaty a fool I have been when I could have kicked back  :doh:

:sing_rain:

Good point Snowstorm, although my 'controlling' habit is more with my left hand rather than the right foot on the freeway.  Using the cruise control toggle, I sometimes 'click' down/out of the ICE a little early cresting hills, and sometime click up the ICE revs/vehicle speed on some inclines.  Almost certainly a waste of time, and perhaps detrimental, but it's entertaining to think it is helping. ;)

Edited by C-MaxSea

Good point Snowstorm, although my 'controlling' habit is more with my left hand rather than the right foot on the freeway.  Using the cruise control toggle, I sometimes 'click' down/out of the ICE a little early cresting hills, and sometime click up the ICE revs/vehicle speed on some inclines.  Almost certainly a waste of time, and perhaps detrimental, but it's entertaining to think it is helping. ;)

Too much work.

• 2 weeks later...

You could have made it, did you just chicken out? LOL Did you ever compare your GPS to your odometer? Mine is off by 1.019% with new tires. You where probable short by 6-8mi. Oh well, there is always next time. :)

Paul

Paul the reason I refueled when I did was I was getting a free fill up from my Mom who I was driving around town allot the last few days.  So she just wanted to repay me for shuttling her around town on earends Such a nice Mom :)

Paul the reason I refueled when I did was I was getting a free fill up from my Mom who I was driving around town allot the last few days.  So she just wanted to repay me for shuttling her around town on earends Such a nice Mom :)

I guess FREE trumps every thing else. :happy feet: 

Paul