After the update  noticed a new menu item to show gps location which when selected

shows latitude, longitude and elevation.  Also noticed it displaying compass heading of

the car on one of the screens.  I have SEL with MFT and no NAV.

Had to pair the phones again too.

Didn't find this....any chance you can screen shot this one?

New to downlloading stuff so went to how to install sync upgrades instructions and said new card required for this upgrade. Has a link to click on to request new card clicked on it but didn't take me anywhere.

Typical, sounds like the guys who maintains the Ford Social also does this...I hate that website with a passion...its the most unresponsive and poorly programmed website that I know of and thats saying something. C'mon Blue Oval, get your IT act together.

I think this 3.6 needs to have the 3.5.1 installed prior as thats the update that provides the A4 Nav card.

Personally, I do not see a whole ton of differences going from 3.5.1to this one in the short freeway drive to the golf range today.

If I still had the 3.1.3, I would send the CMax to Ford to do the 3.5.1 and then the 3.6 upgrade at once. JusMO :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

What happens now?

Screen still dead after :40+ :arrive_alive: .

:cry:

Update:

I have ZERO tolerance for POS software!

It's been over an hour, so I turned it off, pulled the USB.

:swear:

Update the UPDATE:

This POS reminds me of Nortel (sorry to all our Canada members).

After shutting down after 1:15 and restarting Navigation is GONE we now have "Information". 

But that's not the best part.

Someone suggested a master reset might be required...HA another POS with the soft buttons upside down.

Anybody ever try to do a "master reset" or RECALIBRATE THE TOUCH SCREEN with the buttons upside down...

Here's a hint... close you eyes (so you can't read the screen) and stand on your head... it worked.

Now we're off to the dealer for a nav repair/reboot and 13B07.

:drop:

Edited by wab

Observations:

1. It did wipe out any pre-set addresses/Favorites in the Nav system that I had set.

2. When you engage the MyFordTouch, it now shows a screen with some of the more commonly used "commands" for voice prompting.  It may be able to be disabled, but I am trying it for a bit.

3. Navigation worked well on  my short drive to work, no issues with finding streets or with setting the destination through verbal command.

Is it 3.6 or if I keep it in the info screen and I press the paddle for Sync Voice...a list of commands now come up. Such as I verbalize "Radio" and then a number of command options come up? Or has this always been there since 3.1.3?

By the way, I am not sure how accutate this elevation info is, seems like I was still 300 ft up when I was ground at times. Shhhs.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Just finished the update. Took about 30 minutes as reported, many black screens and seemingly hung file uploads, but success. I don't notice many obvious changes other than a compass direction up in the Navigation bar which I think is new, and my favorite, the list of voice commands available when you trigger the paddle. I like that a lot as memorizing the allowed choices was proving difficult for me.

When I D/L the file I selected to have the update instructions emailed to me, which never happened, but I did print out the instructions. As it turned out only #1 (start the car - turn on radio) and #2 (plug in USB drive) were needed as the update started immediately at that point.

The only problem I see is that my USB flashdrive that contains audiobooks in MP3 format is now generating this message "There are no file entries in this device" when I select "Browse BOOKS" (BOOKS is the name of the drive). It shows the first book and plays it, and if I skip through the files it will find the next book, and play that, but it will not display the files even though this worked in 3.5.1. This is a major disappointment as we listen to books driving around, so its back to iPod until this is fixed. The same type of drive in the other USB slot that contains my music in MP3 works just fine! Yes, I switched them back and forth, and tried Books alone. I posted this other on the SYNC forum in the hope that the Ford guys read it: http://fordsyncforum.com/topic/3351-no-file-entries-usb-drive-error-after-34-update/

All in all, glad this worked and is something that can be done at home.

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

Another mac/safari user who couldn't get the DL to work.  Had to install firefox and also reinstalled java just in case (all ready had the latest version) to get it going to a USB drive.   Install took longer than 30 minutes, more like 45.  I did drive the car back to work from lunch during this but didn't restart it.  Along the way, it displayed "loading 1 of 13 updates" again!  Anyway it continued to the third update, hung for a good while, and then finished with the long OK message.  Re-paired phone.

Lost my screen background and FM/SAT presets don't work well:  slow activation, don't always light up when touched, or just don't switch.  Steering wheel paddle/selector wasn't any better.  Will check it again after work.  Master Reset maybe?

Observations:

1. It did wipe out any pre-set addresses/Favorites in the Nav system that I had set.

2. When you engage the MyFordTouch, it now shows a screen with some of the more commonly used "commands" for voice prompting.  It may be able to be disabled, but I am trying it for a bit.

3. Navigation worked well on  my short drive to work, no issues with finding streets or with setting the destination through verbal command.

That command list was there in 3.1.3 but you had to turn it on.

How the heck you guys getting it to download?  I've got Windows with the current Java update and the Java control panel tells me it's enabled in the browser, but the 3.6 will not download for me and I get no browser prompt asking permission when I try to d/l.  After a minute of the spinning wheel I get a 'Help' button which results in"

Java is Not Enabled in Your Browser
Enable the Java plugin in your browser settings

We have detected that Java is disabled in your browser. In order to begin the download process, it is essential that this plugin is up-to-date and enabled. If you do not have the latest version installed, please visit the Java website.

If you continue to experience problems, Contact Us.

Another mac/safari user who couldn't get the DL to work.  Had to install firefox and also reinstalled java just in case (all ready had the latest version) to get it going to a USB drive.   Install took longer than 30 minutes, more like 45.  I did drive the car back to work from lunch during this but didn't restart it.  Along the way, it displayed "loading 1 of 13 updates" again!  Anyway it continued to the third update, hung for a good while, and then finished with the long OK message.  Re-paired phone.

Lost my screen background and FM/SAT presets don't work well:  slow activation, don't always light up when touched, or just don't switch.  Steering wheel paddle/selector wasn't any better.  Will check it again after work.  Master Reset maybe?

Virtual Box it up and get Firefox on linux or something - I had the same problem as well, but I have a Windows machine available too. You could do that too on virtualbox or vmware if you've got it.

How the heck you guys getting it to download?  I've got Windows with the current Java update and the Java control panel tells me it's enabled in the browser, but the 3.6 will not download for me and I get no browser prompt asking permission when I try to d/l.  After a minute of the spinning wheel I get a 'Help' button which results in"

Java is Not Enabled in Your Browser

I had the same problem on my laptop and had to go to my desktop to finally get it to work. Don't use Firefox, try with IE. I had to re-load Java and it finally worked. Very frustrating.

Before 3.6, my presets were slow and buggy.  They are now fairly fast and not so terrible.  Maybe you should try a re-install?

Tried to reinstall but it won't let me with a message saying 3.6 is all ready installed.   SAT seems to be working now but FM is still the same:  displays (both MFT and drivers right panel) are stuck on one station (93.9) even though I can switch to others (eventually).  See pics.

null_zps3e6218f1.jpg

FM1 Preset 1 should be 90.3 not 93.9  DOH!  :doh:

null_zpsfdd82502.jpg

I had several problems using the Java applet to download the 3.6 update files.

The applet said it was complete but at least one of the files was corrupt and caused the installation process to generate an error and freeze.

After the fourth attempt at downloading (and deleting some temporary internet files), it finally worked.

TSB 13-8-2 shows an alternate way to download the update (one large self-extracting file) if you want to bypass the Java nonsense:

1. Click on this link: V3.6/13171 A download pop-up will appear with selections to run, save, or cancel.
  2. Select "Save".
  3. A "Save-As" pop-up window will appear with a file named "Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe". Choose a folder on your computer to save the file temporarily.
  4. Select "Save".
  5. When the download complete pop-up appears select "Open folder".
  6. A file named "Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe" will be highlighted. Double click on the file.
  7. A download warning may appear, if so, agree to continue by choosing "yes", "Ok", or "run".
  8. An extract pop-up window will appear. The extract destination to the USB flash drive will need to be selected. To browse for the USB flash drive, select the "button with three dots" located to the right of the pop-up.
  9. Scroll down and select "computer".
  10. Select the "USB drive/removable disk".
  11. Select "Extract".
  12. Confirm USB flash drive contents. Select the USB flash drive located under My Computer. A folder named "SyncMyRide" and two files (autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa) will be present on the USB flash drive; it's now ready for the Vehicle Software Install procedure.

Once it is extracted to the USB drive, install per the instructions on syncmyride.