CMAX SEL (Full Boat)

I took this dude in Aug. 2 for the 3.5 udate (from 3.1.3) and the liftgate software update. The dealer started the orgy about noon Friday and called me to pickup late this afternoon, Aug.. 5. I'm led to believe two techs spent the better part of 12 hours at the car and on the cellphone.

OH - WOW  I got it back with the tailgate in good working order, V 3.6.2 installed, and last, but not least, the MPG software installed.

I have had the opportunity to  do some data entry in the NAV system and my initial impression is vary favorable. Easier data entry; better, more reliable voice recognition. Maps are updated and more info is displayed. I can now read the outside temp. I am not to sure what to make of the POWERFLOW screen, but it is a conversation piece.

Over the next week or two I plan to collect data to evaluate the new MPG software.  I needed mpg help in the winter and that season is 5 months in the furure.

P.S. Aug. 6  Phone paired and phone book downloaded - slick! All NAV addresses reentered BY VOICE - never able to use voice with 3.1 - always got tangled up in my shorts. Presets for the radio/SAT all OK  after the installation of 3.6. I suggest a quick tour of the sound, voice level, and other vehicle parameters. Many of mine returned to default. Also found the "DST ON" button missing for the clock. So far, no anomalies, blue screens, or unexpected shut downs. This technology is now a pleasure to use. I am no longer a slave to the software, it now seems to be helping me.

LOL, good point.  I turned off both the auto lights (come on in the garage) and the a/c.  With a reasonably full battery, one should easily make it through the update without the ICE running.  

Yeah mine never turned on the ICE during the update but I paid for the low battery the next morning when I drove it.

I did the update in about 30 min. with car in garage and 'on' but ICE off (Energi).  Presets and NAV favorites were preserved, phone pairings not preserved.  Time was set back an hour.  iPhones paired again ok. With the new update the same problem exists with phone book addresses not being able to be read into NAV favorites .

With the USB drive back in the computer, the SYNC web site failed to confirm with Ford that my update was successful (tried 4 times).

I did the update in about 30 min. with car in garage and 'on' but ICE off (Energi).  Presets and NAV favorites were preserved, phone pairings not preserved.  Time was set back an hour.  iPhones paired again ok. With the new update the same problem exists with phone book addresses not being able to be read into NAV favorites .

With the USB drive back in the computer, the SYNC web site failed to confirm with Ford that my update was successful (tried 4 times).

Technically I would say being able to have Nav favorites from the phonebook is a feature that is lacking, not a problem, because MFT never says it supports this.

Anywho, try to run a Vehicle Health Report and see if that updates the sync website w/ the correct version number.

Yeah mine never turned on the ICE during the update but I paid for the low battery the next morning when I drove it.

LOL, yup there's no free ride but.......... you did get better FE driving (even in the warmup phase) than idling in a garage or driveway!  

GOOD NEWS for me.   I took mine in this afternoon for both the 13B07 fuel economy and the hands-free liftgate updates and when I got it back a couple of hours later the FM was working perfectly.      :happy feet:      I wonder if 13B07 is like a computer firmware update and installs or reinstalls all current and previous patches?  Thus I got 3.6 installed again?  Wait.  No, my phone was stilled paired.   :headscratch:

LOL, yup there's no free ride but.......... you did get better FE driving (even in the warmup phase) than idling in a garage or driveway!  

GOOD NEWS for me.   I took mine in this afternoon for both the 13B07 fuel economy and the hands-free liftgate updates and when I got it back a couple of hours later the FM was working perfectly.      :happy feet:      I wonder if 13B07 is like a computer firmware update and installs or reinstalls all current and previous patches?  Thus I got 3.6 installed again?  Wait.  No, my phone was stilled paired.   :headscratch:

13B07 is not a MFT update.  It updates the PCM, a different computer.  MFT is the APM.

BTW, did you wait until the second update successful screen before removing the flash drive, or did you pull it out too soon?

Has anyone found a big improvement in voice control?   I got frustrated with this technology on previous cars and smartphones that I rarely even think to use it in the CMax.   

The voice recognition in the 2013 C-Max with MFT is much better than in my 2012 Fusion with just Sync.  I get frustrated when I don't know or remember the correct commands so I printed out a cheat sheet and leave it in the armrest console.  When you use the correct commands it works well.

Has anybody successfully done the second part where you report it back to the ford.

I did.  Worked flawlessly.  My understanding is that the car writes a file to the USB drive as a final step in the update process and that file is read when you report back.

It's shown along with GPS coordinates on the "WHERE AM I" screen.  Go to the Information screen and in the left hand column select the Where am I button.

Mine only shows the GPS coordinates; no elevation. :(

edit: I also noticed this when I went into the diagnostic menus of the MFT - it didn't report an elevation.

Edited by bigalpha

I did the update on the way home from work and eveything went smoothly. I was careful about following the prompts with regards to the ending of the procedure and made sure not to pull the USB until it gave the final OK. The reporting to Sync site went fine also.

I noticed that in the quadrent for the radio that now, instead of just the presets, it will also show the current song playing. It used to only show the Logo for the station. (at least on satellite)

Technically I would say being able to have Nav favorites from the phonebook is a feature that is lacking, not a problem, because MFT never says it supports this.

Anywho, try to run a Vehicle Health Report and see if that updates the sync website w/ the correct version number.

MFT is supposed to be able to navigate to a phonebook contact, if the contact has a physical address, doing this:

Press Phone

Phonebook

select a contact with a physical address

Options

Set as Destination

Here I get an error message saying "Invalid address, please...."

This is for phonebook contacts imported from my iPhone.

Mine only shows the GPS coordinates; no elevation. :(

edit: I also noticed this when I went into the diagnostic menus of the MFT - it didn't report an elevation.

No elevation either, I thought there was but it's the distance to the next street, guess I was familiar with the layout since I have never used this screen ever.

MFT is supposed to be able to navigate to a phonebook contact, if the contact has a physical address, doing this:

Press Phone

Phonebook

select a contact with a physical address

Options

Set as Destination

Here I get an error message saying "Invalid address, please...."

This is for phonebook contacts imported from my iPhone.

Oh I stand corrected, it didn't used to even have that option.

I did a quick google, have you tried this as a workaround: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4907596?start=0&tstart=0

Deleting the country code from the contact?

The following is taken from page 468 of the 3d printing of the Owners Manual:

Certain smart phones may support transferring street addresses when
listed with phone book contact information. If your phone supports this
feature, you can select and use these addresses as destinations and save
them as favorites.

I was unable to find any more specific information about how to use this feature.

When I look specifically for information for selecting destinations with the NAV system there was no mention of selecting a destination from the phone book.  Specifically, from page 512 of the 3d printing:

Setting a Destination
Press the green corner of your touchscreen, then Dest when it appears.
Choose any of the following:
Destination Selections
My Home Street Address
Favorites Intersection
Previous Destinations City Center
Point of Interest Map
Emergency Edit Route Cancel Route
Previous Starting Point Freeway Entrance/Exit
Latitude/Longitude
1. Enter the necessary information into the highlighted text fields
(in any order). For address destination entry, Go! appears once all
the necessary information has been entered. Pressing Go! makes
the address location appear on the map. If you choose Previous
Destination, the last 20 destinations you have selected appear.
2. Select Set as Dest to make this your destination. You can also
choose to set this as a waypoint (have the system route to this point
on the way to your current destination) or save it as a favorite. The
system considers any Avoid Areas selections in its route calculation.
3. Choose from up to three different types of routes, and then select
Start Route.
• Fastest Route: Uses the fastest moving roads possible.
• Shortest Route: Uses the shortest distance possible.
• Eco Route: Uses the most fuel-efficient route.
You can cancel the route or have the system demo the route for you. Select
Route Prefs to set route preferences like avoiding freeways, tollroads,
ferries and car trains as well as to use or not use high-occupancy vehicle
lanes. (High-occupancy vehicle lanes also known as carpool or diamond
lanes. People who ride in buses, vanpools or carpools use these lanes.)
Note: If your vehicle is on a recognized road and you do not press the
Start Route button, the system defaults to the Fastest Route option
and begins guidance.
512 MyFord Touch® (If Equipped)
2013 C-