How the heck you guys getting it to download?  I've got Windows with the current Java update and the Java control panel tells me it's enabled in the browser, but the 3.6 will not download for me and I get no browser prompt asking permission when I try to d/l.  After a minute of the spinning wheel I get a 'Help' button which results in"

Java is Not Enabled in Your Browser
Enable the Java plugin in your browser settings

We have detected that Java is disabled in your browser. In order to begin the download process, it is essential that this plugin is up-to-date and enabled. If you do not have the latest version installed, please visit the Java website.

If you continue to experience problems, Contact Us.

In Internet Explorer click on the gear like symbol in the upper right corner.  Then click on Internet options. Then click on the Programs tab and in the programs tab click on Manage add-ons.  Then click on Toolbars and Extensions and select Sun Java Console to enable it.

Two failures out of dozens of successful installs... probably pretty good odds,

this time! :lol:

wab

Tried to reinstall but it won't let me with a message saying 3.6 is all ready installed.   SAT seems to be working now but FM is still the same:  displays (both MFT and drivers right panel) are stuck on one station (93.9) even though I can switch to others (eventually).  See pics.

null_zps3e6218f1.jpg

FM1 Preset 1 should be 90.3 not 93.9  DOH!  :doh:

null_zpsfdd82502.jpg

TSB 13-8-2 shows an alternate way to download the update (one large self-extracting file) if you want to bypass the Java nonsense:

1. Click on this link: V3.6/13171 A download pop-up will appear with selections to run, save, or cancel.
  2. Select "Save".
  3. A "Save-As" pop-up window will appear with a file named "Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe". Choose a folder on your computer to save the file temporarily.

That would have saved me some grief! Or, they could have just put all the files in a ZIP file like normal people and then any operating system could be used to make the USB flash drive!

Just did the install as well.  Step 3 allows you to email the instructions to Your Mobile Device - never got it.  Good thing the printed directions were not needed.  Just turned on the car and plugged the USB into socket as ArizonaEngeri mentioned.  Update took 20 minutes - lost .2 MPG idling while upgrading - and radio stations seemed intact after update.

CMAX SEL (Full Boat)

I took this dude in Aug. 2 for the 3.5 udate (from 3.1.3) and the liftgate software update. The dealer started the orgy about noon Friday and called me to pickup late this afternoon, Aug.. 5. I'm led to believe two techs spent the better part of 12 hours at the car and on the cellphone.

OH - WOW  I got it back with the tailgate in good working order, V 3.6.2 installed, and last, but not least, the MPG software installed.

I have had the opportunity to  do some data entry in the NAV system and my initial impression is vary favorable. Easier data entry; better, more reliable voice recognition. Maps are updated and more info is displayed. I can now read the outside temp. I am not to sure what to make of the POWERFLOW screen, but it is a conversation piece.

Over the next week or two I plan to collect data to evaluate the new MPG software.  I needed mpg help in the winter and that season is 5 months in the furure.

P.S. Aug. 6  Phone paired and phone book downloaded - slick! All NAV addresses reentered BY VOICE - never able to use voice with 3.1 - always got tangled up in my shorts. Presets for the radio/SAT all OK  after the installation of 3.6. I suggest a quick tour of the sound, voice level, and other vehicle parameters. Many of mine returned to default. Also found the "DST ON" button missing for the clock. So far, no anomalies, blue screens, or unexpected shut downs. This technology is now a pleasure to use. I am no longer a slave to the software, it now seems to be helping me.

Edited by ANDY

Tried to reinstall but it won't let me with a message saying 3.6 is all ready installed.   SAT seems to be working now but FM is still the same:  displays (both MFT and drivers right panel) are stuck on one station (93.9) even though I can switch to others (eventually).  See pics.

Will check it again after work.  Master Reset maybe?

Well, the Master Reset had no effect on the FM issue nor did it erase the FM presets.  Shouldn't it have erase them?   It did erase the SAT presets and I'll have to re-pair the phone..... again.   The good news is SAT seems even more responsive.  Half of my FM presets are HD digital so I'm thinking that could be a smoking gun there.   

Upload took most of the way to work this morning, and when I saw the first black screen I thought, $h!t, I really killed it this time! But no. It went really slow thru the first 3, then blasted thru the last 6. I didn't get a chance to look around. That will be later.

Upload took most of the way to work this morning, and when I saw the first black screen I thought, $h!t, I really killed it this time! But no. It went really slow thru the first 3, then blasted thru the last 6. I didn't get a chance to look around. That will be later.

I did the same thing (updated on the way to work).  Worked out pretty good and I don't loose any MPG that way.  35 minute drive to work and it took most of it.  Had to repair the phone, but everything else stayed intact.

Updated with no problems, but I can't get my iPhone 4S to pair after the update.  Should I do a Master Reset?

On your phone>settings>bluetooth>devices>sync>forget this device>forget.    This will erase your old phone/sync pairing.  Bluetooth should then almost immediately find Sync again.  Choose it and go through the pair process.

Being lazy:) Car is in for the recall, the fuel upgrade, the weed whacker A/C and poor cooling, loose panels in the doors that are rattling and a few other annoyances - dealer is going to install the update for me. Meanwhile back in the Mustang they loaned me the last time my car was in for a couple of weeks:)

Went out this morning to install update and found the battery dead, first time in 6 months and 9,000 miles...coincidentally--or not?-- this was after the vehicle had its first wash, in the driveway with a garden hose over the weekend.  Had a jumper handy and started up instantly and install went well.  Settling in now and awaiting the next surprise...

On your phone>settings>bluetooth>devices>sync>forget this device>forget.    This will erase your old phone/sync pairing.  Bluetooth should then almost immediately find Sync again.  Choose it and go through the pair process.

That did it. Thanks!!!

Upgraded ours last night without incident.

(Be patient when it gets to installing step 3 of 9 - it takes a while.)

Haven't had a chance to play with it much since, but I was pleasantly surprised it didn't lose the touch-screen calibration this time.

I thought for sure it was frozen on step 3 of 9.  Seems like that was about half of the update.

I was wondering about that step 3 also after well over 5 minutes with no change. I was idling in a parking spot and backed out (rear view cam was working) and when I shifted to Drive all the steps were completed. Thought sure I had screwed up the install by backing up.

I was wondering about that step 3 also after well over 5 minutes with no change. I was idling in a parking spot and backed out (rear view cam was working) and when I shifted to Drive all the steps were completed. Thought sure I had screwed up the install by backing up.

I had something similar happen when I drove it during the update except mine started over (I'm pretty sure but no 100%).  That's what I think might have given me my FM issues.  <shruggs>

Update the Update the Update:

It took the pro 3 times to get the update to complete.

Looking forward to 3.7.# or maybe the 2014 iChevy.

It'll take more than stable well written software to get me back in a GM!

What happens now?

Screen still dead after :40+ :arrive_alive: .

:cry:

Update:

I have ZERO tolerance for POS software!

It's been over an hour, so I turned it off, pulled the USB.

:swear:

Update the UPDATE:

This POS reminds me of Nortel (sorry to all our Canada members).

After shutting down after 1:15 and restarting Navigation is GONE we now have "Information". 

But that's not the best part.

Someone suggested a master reset might be required...HA another POS with the soft buttons upside down.

Anybody ever try to do a "master reset" or RECALIBRATE THE TOUCH SCREEN with the buttons upside down...

Here's a hint... close you eyes (so you can't read the screen) and stand on your head... it worked.

Now we're off to the dealer for a nav repair/reboot and 13B07.

:drop:

Downloaded the update and installed it. Took about 40 minutes and cost me .4 mpg from the ICE running.

LOL, good point.  I turned off both the auto lights (come on in the garage) and the a/c.  With a reasonably full battery, one should easily make it through the update without the ICE running.  

Edited by fotomoto