Yes, I did it last night....no problem, and the reply on the screen was *Successful upload* or something like that.

Hmm.  I tried it on WIndows and Mac.  I inserted the USB drive.  I watched it mount.  I then clicked on the link in the email and got a page that "Report Update".  I clicked on the link and got a spinning circle.  I then got a JAVA warning and I clicked unblock/allow and it continued to spin until it times out and says you needd Java.

The following is taken from page 468 of the 3d printing of the Owners Manual:

Certain smart phones may support transferring street addresses when
listed with phone book contact information. If your phone supports this
feature, you can select and use these addresses as destinations and save
them as favorites.

I was unable to find any more specific information about how to use this feature.

When I look specifically for information for selecting destinations with the NAV system there was no mention of selecting a destination from the phone book.  Specifically, from page 512 of the 3d printing:

Setting destinations with phone book entries is in the Phone menu (upper left corner of home screen), NOT the NAV menu.

The problem seems to be that Apple contact addresses include a 'Country' field, while the Ford system doesn't.

We've barely had MFT 3.5.1 less than a month, now there's MFT 3.6, does this mean another trip to the dealership?

Not necessarily, you can download it on to a thumb drive and install it yourself. You have to log into your sync account to get it. There are instructions on how to do it there also. Most seem to have been able to do it quickly( 30 mins or so) and not have any problems. Others have had some issues with downloading, and or installing. There is a lot of info in this thread about it.

Not necessarily, you can download it on to a thumb drive and install it yourself. You have to log into your sync account to get it. There are instructions on how to do it there also. Most seem to have been able to do it quickly( 30 mins or so) and not have any problems. Others have had some issues with downloading, and or installing. There is a lot of info in this thread about it.

Kinda hard to do it by self when no USB drive available

I upgraded MFT to 3.6.  It was relatively painless, although the download seems to take quite a long time.  The progress bar stuck at 5% for a few minutes, then jumped to 37% where it once again remained stuck.  I left the computer at that point, and came back a while later - progress bar was 100%.  Yay.  I removed the USB drive and set it aside until morning.

I did the actual upgrade on my drive to work.  MFT immediately recognized the USB drive upon insertion; after I pressed the initial "OK," it began doing its thing.  There were some messages about "performing a scheduled maintenance" or something like that.  What I found a bit disconcerting was the the LCD screen went completely dark for minutes at a time.  Not to worry, the upgrade was proceeding even so.  I would occasionally see messages along the lines of "Installing file x of y" - at one point, it hung for several minutes saying "installing file 3 of 9."  I was beginning to worry, and then it continued.  I finally received the ultimate "successful upgrade" message, and was told to remove the USB drive.

I had to re-sync my phone, but that seems to be the extent of the hassle.  I have yet to return the USB drive to my computer and report the results back to Ford, but I don't expect any difficulty with this. 

I upgraded MFT to 3.6.  It was relatively painless, although the download seems to take quite a long time.  The progress bar stuck at 5% for a few minutes, then jumped to 37% where it once again remained stuck.  I left the computer at that point, and came back a while later - progress bar was 100%.  Yay.  I removed the USB drive and set it aside until morning.

I did the actual upgrade on my drive to work.  MFT immediately recognized the USB drive upon insertion; after I pressed the initial "OK," it began doing its thing.  There were some messages about "performing a scheduled maintenance" or something like that.  What I found a bit disconcerting was the the LCD screen went completely dark for minutes at a time.  Not to worry, the upgrade was proceeding even so.  I would occasionally see messages along the lines of "Installing file x of y" - at one point, it hung for several minutes saying "installing file 3 of 9."  I was beginning to worry, and then it continued.  I finally received the ultimate "successful upgrade" message, and was told to remove the USB drive.

I had to re-sync my phone, but that seems to be the extent of the hassle.  I have yet to return the USB drive to my computer and report the results back to Ford, but I don't expect any difficulty with this. 

Reporting back to the mothership was successful - and fast.  Overall, a reasonably good experience.

My upgrade to 3.6 went well. about 30 minutes.  I was unable to report back to Ford on the completion. I tried both the install thumb drive and the other procedure using a file to check the status on the car.  Both would end up with a error message saying there might be a problem with Sync servers.  I called Sync and they had be go to the system menu and look at a screen with information about the car.  The third line gave a program number.  This confirmed that the upgrade was complete.  I asked the service tech to upgrade their records for my car.  He said that he would do that.  Some time I will go back to the sync web site and see if that was done.

Bob Hill

The following is taken from page 468 of the 3d printing of the Owners Manual:

Certain smart phones may support transferring street addresses when
listed with phone book contact information. If your phone supports this
feature, you can select and use these addresses as destinations and save
them as favorites.

It's probably a "bluetooth profile" thing. 

Installed 3.62 this morning and updated my Ford Sync account online, now it shows that I have the latest update available. 

Overall, took about an hour to do everything, had to update my Java on my PC, so that added some time.  

One note said it would wipe out all of my programmed nav locations, but it did not do that, which is good. 

So far no problems.  

Anyone had any luck today downloading MTF 3.6. I've tried all day off and on, no luck.....Start to load and times out I guess, put in car and file corrupt. Check my SYNC history and shows at least a dozen downloads................AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :yahoo:  HELP

Updated mine. Used Firefox on a Mac to download, no problems. Update was successful and took about 20 minutes. Upload confirmation to Ford was successful.

My Energi did the install without needing to be in "drive" mode - maybe because it was plugged in it knew it could stay on.

It did make me take out my USB drive with music on it before it would process the install.

I have two annoying glitches in the 3.6 system:

1. I can't get it to handle daylight savings time. When set to GPS time it is an hour off. In 2013 we still have trouble with daylight savings time in software? WTF?

2. I can't put in my WiFi password because the keyboard gets greyed out after 10 characters or so. My WiFi password is like 40 characters so I can't connect to WiFi at home (not a big deal since I don't really know what the WiFi connection does for us - Energi models have their own AT&T 3G modem so if I have AT&T signal the car can talk without needing WiFi - but it's a stupid bug that I have no idea how it makes it past the first unit test let alone into production code)

The DST selection is gone.  On my hybrid I selected to reset using GPS and then manually added one hour.  I worked for me.

1. I can't get it to handle daylight savings time. When set to GPS time it is an hour off. In 2013 we still have trouble with daylight savings time in software? WTF?