The DST selection is gone. On my hybrid I selected to reset using GPS and then manually added one hour. I worked for me.

But if I have to manually set it then its not set by GPS and can get off... The whole point of having it set by GPS is it should always be accurate.

Only Ford, I swear - this is like a tragic comedy.

No point in GPS time at all if its wrong.

I think the right way would be the way most computers do it. Take the UTC time from the GPS receiver and have the user select the number of hours to offset. For instance for me its -8 hours for standard time and -7 hours for daylight time.

Trying to have the computer figure it out automatically (if in fact they used to do that) probably drove people who live near time zone borders crazy :)

I tried to download it today on my Mac with both Safari and Firefox. I even updated and enabled Java, but it wouldn't download. Called Ford Synch and first she said she'd mail me a flash drive, but then upon further checking, she said it wasn't ready yet for hybrids, only Energi. So she suggested I have the dealer do it. I'm going in Friday for several items anyway. Really weird...Microsoft...ugh.

The right way to do it is have a couple settings:

Automatically Apply Daylight Savings Time [ON] [OFF]

Automatically adjust time zone using GPS [ON] [OFF]

I do this for a living, I get paid decent money to build systems - time zones, daylight savings times, and GPS have been figured out for decades now... You have to work hard to screw it up!

Maybe, maybe not. Just depends on how it is programmed. When I reset it I only changed the hour--not the minutes and maybe the programming recognizes that as a DST adjustment.

But the clock in the MFT is not accurate and can get reset by system events. So setting it via the GPS at a predefined intervals such as at vehicle start and once a day - will keep it correct.

I had several problems using the Java applet to download the 3.6 update files.

The applet said it was complete but at least one of the files was corrupt and caused the installation process to generate an error and freeze.

After the fourth attempt at downloading (and deleting some temporary internet files), it finally worked.

TSB 13-8-2 shows an alternate way to download the update (one large self-extracting file) if you want to bypass the Java nonsense:

1. Click on this link: V3.6/13171 A download pop-up will appear with selections to run, save, or cancel.
  2. Select "Save".
  3. A "Save-As" pop-up window will appear with a file named "Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe". Choose a folder on your computer to save the file temporarily.
  4. Select "Save".
  5. When the download complete pop-up appears select "Open folder".
  6. A file named "Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe" will be highlighted. Double click on the file.
  7. A download warning may appear, if so, agree to continue by choosing "yes", "Ok", or "run".
  8. An extract pop-up window will appear. The extract destination to the USB flash drive will need to be selected. To browse for the USB flash drive, select the "button with three dots" located to the right of the pop-up.
  9. Scroll down and select "computer".
  10. Select the "USB drive/removable disk".
  11. Select "Extract".
  12. Confirm USB flash drive contents. Select the USB flash drive located under My Computer. A folder named "SyncMyRide" and two files (autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa) will be present on the USB flash drive; it's now ready for the Vehicle Software Install procedure.

Once it is extracted to the USB drive, install per the instructions on syncmyride.

I thought this was worth quoting (again) as it will help those who are still having download problems.  Note this is a 552 MB download, so it will take awhile.

Bill N, this procedure will not work on Macs since they do not run exe file.

Sorry about that.  But I did post, perhaps in another thread, that Ford websites seem to have a strong IE bias.  Sad, but true.

Also, the file isn't really an exe file; it's a 7-zip.  Perhaps 7-zip is available for Macs?  Just a suggestion.

Hope this helps.  Cheers.

Edited by Bill-N

Has anybody noticed if this update improves connectivity or compatibility of various USB devices or MP3 players? The 3.5.1 update made my 160GB iPod almost unusable, but improved USB hard drive and thumb drive functionality. It is working the way I like with my Toshiba 320GB drive and I do not want to mess that up!

Has anybody noticed if this update improves connectivity or compatibility of various USB devices or MP3 players? The 3.5.1 update made my 160GB iPod almost unusable, but improved USB hard drive and thumb drive functionality. It is working the way I like with my Toshiba 320GB drive and I do not want to mess that up!

I only have a USB flash drive and have had no problems with it with any MFT version,

Earlier today, I installed 3.6.  Everything seemed to go as it should.  So, when I got home, I uploaded the XML file, and I got a message confirming that I have updated.  I also see the successful update on my Sync Software Update History. 

Nonetheless, I see a dealer-installed update still available on my To-Do List.  When I click to find out more information, it lists what looks to be the same 3.6.2 update, and it says that it is a dealer installed update.  What's up with that?  :headscratch:

Earlier today, I installed 3.6.  Everything seemed to go as it should.  So, when I got home, I uploaded the XML file, and I got a message confirming that I have updated.  I also see the successful update on my Sync Software Update History. 

Nonetheless, I see a dealer-installed update still available on my To-Do List.  When I click to find out more information, it lists what looks to be the same 3.6.2 update, and it says that it is a dealer installed update.  What's up with that?  :headscratch:

Mine shows same , I updated Sync to 3.6.2 when it first came out.

Updated to 3.6 relatively smoothly. USB thumbdrive wasn't recognized at all the first time, needed to be formatted FAT instead of NTFS, no biggie. Worked after that, didn't take much time. I cleaned out the car while it processed.

I've noticed a few improvements, which have all been mentioned, but I've also noticed a feature removal. You can no longer user lowercase letters while naming a favorite navigation destination! That really bugs me, a lot.

I think it's great that the software was upgraded at all, and I really have noticed a lot of improvements, but seriously, why remove the Shift key from the favorites naming screen? Like, just, why? THINGS IN ALL CAPS LOOK RIDICULOUS AND WRONG. ( <- See? )

Edited by CarpeNivem

Also just did the 3.6.2 update.  No real problems although had to set Java security from high down to medium before it would run.  Then took 4 HOURS to download (and that's on a 30MBPS cable connection that I regularly use for movies etc).  Actual install in car took less than 30 mins.

Unfortunately, 3.6.2 has not solved my Navigation System issues.  See details in this other topic:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2789-laggystuck-nav/

I bought my C-Max Hybrid SEL last November (its build date was Aug. '12) and since I haven't driven it all that much (only ~6000 mi.) it went into the shop this past Tuesday (8/19) for its first oil change, and to take care of the following upgrades/recalls:

Outstanding Field Service Actions

12M02 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCO L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
13B06 - REAR GATE TRUNK MODULE REPROGRAM
13B07 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) CALIBRATION
13C02 - HEADLINER HEAD IMPACT PROTECTION

It originally was supposed to be a one-day event but ended up staying in the shop until yesterday (8/22), due to cable problems and installing the various upgrades.

I just now went to the FordEtis website <www.etis.ford.com> to see if it had been updated and saw the list still there, along with a sixth item:

13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

Not exactly sure what that last item is (customer survey, maybe?).  Anyway, I did notice the changes on the various screens of the Sync (I've got the 302A package, w/ full Nav.) but haven't had the chance to see if there were any changes the the way the liftgate acts, or if the electric motor continues to operate above 62 mph.  Also, I didn't see any discernible evidence concerning the headliner modification, but they assured me that it had been taken care of.

I must be one of the lucky ones, as I never did have any of the problems with the Nav system, or any of the other quirks people have mentioned.  I *will* be paying close attention to how it acts/performs now, to see what changes might show up.

VirginiaRick

Just read this entire thread and didn't see the answer to whether or not the 3.51 update is required first.

If it is, does anyone have a link to the earlier update. I screwed up the one I downloaded from the MFT website and now the only option is to report success to Ford.

Just read this entire thread and didn't see the answer to whether or not the 3.51 update is required first.

If it is, does anyone have a link to the earlier update. I screwed up the one I downloaded from the MFT website and now the only option is to report success to Ford.

The 3.51 update cannot be done by the owner because it requires updating the power train control (PCM) module (which can only be done by the dealer).

So, to update from SYNC 3.1.3 to 3.62, the dealer will have to do the update.  The dealer will do the 13B07 fuel economy update to the PCM module when updating SYNC to 3.62.

Take a look at this thread, post # 14, it gives an 800# to call.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2739-362-update-who-has-done-it/